June 23, 2008

I Am Dartmouth! (and so can you)


This is very weird. My alumni magazine has fictional alumnus Stephen Colbert on the cover this month. Maybe I'll bother reading it for once. The article is an account of his time at the school he claims to have graduated from, hanging out with that shady crowd of Reviewers like Laura Ingram and Dinesh D'Souza, running from bears and so forth.

Like Dartmouth itself, the magazine is pretty traditional (read: lazy), so it doesn't have a website, I had to scan the cover. (This also explains why they call or write at least once a week asking for donations -- people who knew that I was grad student who was on full financial aid during my time there wouldn't bother.) Anyhow, since they don't seem to have computers, maybe I'll scan the story as well, I just don't want to get in trouble with a school I have no intension of ever giving money to.

Update: These people have the full article.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You get the alumni magazine because you pay class dues. The magazine is put out by the class secretaries association.

The institution that calls you for donations is probably the fundraising arm of Dartmouth.