December 16, 2007

It Is Time To Laugh Again

This writer's strike is really getting to me. No Colbert Report, no new episodes of episodic programs, no opiate to distract me from my miserable depressing life.

Except that Futurama has returned! In the form of four straight-to-DVD movies. After 4 years of canceled dormancy, Comedy Central brought it back to life in this strange fashion. They are coming out over the course of an excruciating year, but having waited since 2003, you really can't complain. They will eventually be broadcasting the DVD films as episodes, and then hopefully more. I thought the first of them was really good, but I'm not exactly an impartial critic. They could probably draw stick figures in a flip books and as long as they called it Futurama I would give it five stars.

0 comments: