November 13, 2007

Pray for Smart People

I saw a distressing item on the CNN page this morning. A poll asking whether respondents thought that "praying for rain" would be effective. The only thing dumber than a question like this is the fact that it is inspired by an actual thing happening in reality. Third dumbest would be the fact that at this time the percentage of people saying it would help is at 43%, most of whom are presumably capable of turning on their computers and tying their shoes. Evidently, the Governor of Georgia's idea of dealing with drought is to get a bunch of people together and wish that it will resolve itself. I've been trying to fix my lame lack of posting with the same approach over the past few weeks and I can tell him that it isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I don't usually read CNN. Stuff like this reminds me how glad I am that I get my news exclusively from 'alternative' news sources like 38pitches.com and the backs of used sugar packets.

0 comments: