July 16, 2007

A Great Time to be and Inanimate Object

This chip clip has an optimist bit of profoundity. Apparently, IT'S A GREAT TIME TO BE ALIVE™.

I don't know whether this comes from the cardiovascular therapy company or the financial company, and I don't want to. All I want to know is what makes this plastic trinket so happy about our present era. Not that I disagree, despite the more stylish architecture and fancier clothing of past decades, I certainly appreciate the technology, science, and antibiotics of the early 21st century. In fact, the mere existence of chip clips connotes a certain amount of progress in taking care of life's more essential demands. What about the future though? Does this clip have some kind of prophetic ability? Is it implying that civilization is soon to collapse? What does the chip clip know that we don't?

More importantly, how would a non-living object know how great it is to be alive, at this or any other time?

0 comments: